For instructions in German please click here!
This emerger pattern comes from my good Welsh friend, Steffan Jones. Fished in a size 10-12 it makes a perfect imitation of LBDs at the emerging stage. Tied in smaller sizes it also works extremely well as a general olive emerger. It is a quick and easy tie that uses basic materials and can be fished with total confidence in both rivers and lakes.
Hook: 10-12 Klinkhammer
Thread: medium olive
Tail: 6-8 Coq de leon fibres
Body: synthetic quill
Thorax: Fox squirrel or hare’s ear dubbing
Wing case: 3-4 Cdc plumes
1) Wrap the thread half way down the shank.
Tie in 6-8 coq de leon fibres. Make a final wrap underneath them to kick them up.
2) Tie in a synthetic quill.
3) Wrap the quill up the shank and cover it lightly with UV resin.
4) Tie in 3-4 cdc plumes and dub a small pinch of fox squirrel onto the thread.
5) Dub the thorax and then fold over the cdc plumes. Finish the fly in the shuttlecock style and varnish the head.